Requesting Certification

The MVSC Certification process has changed! You can now access the Certification Request Form by following the instructions below. If you have recently registered for courses, you may need to wait a day for the Student Records eForms option to appear.

  1. Sign into MyGCC
  2. Click on the Student Information System (SIS) tile
  3. Click on the Student Records eForms tile
  4. On the left, click on Military Benefit Certify eform tab
  5. When filling out the eform, toggle the "New Certification Request" option under Certification Type
  6. Fill out the information on the form to the best of your ability; click the Submit button when you're finished, or Save if you wish to save your progress and come back later.
  7. If you would like to save a copy of your certification request, click the Print button.

Please note that the Certification Adjustment Form is now folded into the new Certification Request Form! If you need to notify our office of changes to your certification, toggle the "Adjustment Certification Request" under Certification Type instead.

If you want to check on your submitted certification or adjustment request, follow steps 1-3 above, but then click on the View a Forms eForm tab. If you need to update a saved or recycled request, follow steps 1-3 above but then click on the Update Forms eForm tab.

New Student Checklist

A step-by-step guide on getting your benefits and enrolling at Germanna.

Rate of Pursuit

Wondering if you'll receive your full benefits? See how many credit hours you need to be full-time.

Veteran Guidelines

The rules and requirements of using your benefits at Germanna.

Registration Schedule

Dates for when you need to register for classes, drop classes, and school holidays.

Have Questions About Military or Veteran Benefits?

Our office provides academic and benefits advising services to all military-affiliated and veteran students at Germanna Community College. Students are able to utilize our office and services via phone, joining our Zoom room, visiting our office at the Fredericksburg Area Campus, or by making an online or in-person appointment.

Drop in to our Zoom Room, where we can answer your questions:

  • Monday - Friday, 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Stacks of School Books, Some of them Opened

Academic Advising

Connect with a Veteran Advisor:

Two people discussing over a clipboard, with a laptop in the background.

Benefits Advising

Utilizing Department of Defense Education Benefits?

Whether you're using Tuition Assistance or MyCAA, find all the information you'll need to begin attending school here.

Applying for Veterans Affairs & State of Virginia Benefits

All applications can be completed online on the GI-Bill® website.

Veteran Students

Veteran students wanting to use their benefits for the first time must complete the application for Education Benefits (VA form 22-1990) and provide an original certified copy of their discharge papers (DD Form 214, Member 4) to the Military & Veteran Service Center.

Dependent Students

Dependent students who believe they are eligible for dependent educational benefits should complete an application for Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (VA form 22-5490) and provide their sponsor's ID number to the Military & Veteran Service Center.

Additionally, if the dependent and their sponsor have resided in Virginia for at least 5 years, they can apply for the Virginia Military Survivor & Dependent Education Program (VMSDEP).

Do you have questions about your eligibility?

Contact the Department of Veteran Affairs (GI Bill):

P.O. Box 4616
Buffalo, NY 14240-4616
1 (888) 442-4551

or the Department of Veterans Services (VMSDEP):

James Monroe Building, 101 North 14th Street, 17th Floor
Richmond, VA 23219
1 (804) 225-2083

Military Friendly School Gold 2023-2024

Germanna is proud to be designated as a Military Friendly Gold Level School.

Military Friendly Spouse School Designation logo

Germanna is proud to be designated as a Military Friendly Spouse School.

This institution is approved to offer GI Bill® educational benefits by the Virginia State Approving Agency. GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

Make a difference in the lives of students.

Keep up-to-date with our newsletter.