Get a head start. Earn transferable college credit. Save time and money.
Germanna offers your high school or home school student great opportunities to earn college credit while still in high school through Dual Enrollment with Germanna.
Independent Dual Enrollment
- Classes are taken through Germanna, outside of your student’s high school schedule.
- Pay Germanna’s low tuition rates by the appropriate deadline. Students are not eligible for Federal Financial Aid but tuition assistance may be available
- Follow Germanna’s registration dates and deadlines rather than your high school's
- Eligible classes are guaranteed to transfer to your student’s success in a Dual Enrollment Virginia public colleges and universities.
Traditional Dual Enrollment
- Classes are taken at your student’s high school during their regular school day.
- Pay a contracted amount of tuition. Payment is made through your student’s high school.
- Follow your high school registration dates and deadlines.
- Your student’s success in a Dual Enrollment class will impact their GPA and class rank.
Classes are taught by college-level instructors
Access to Germanna’s excellent tutoring services and library resources
Complete your Germanna degree
Ability to continue at Germanna to complete your college degree
Early College provides a structured college-level curriculum leading to a transferable associate degree from Germanna
Germanna Scholars are both full-time college and high school students working toward their high school diploma and transferable associate degree at the same time. The Scholars program is offered at Culpeper County and Madison County Public Schools.
Gladys P. Todd Academy
The Academy is designed to prepare underrepresented James Monroe and Spotsylvania High School students for college success and completion of a transferable associate degree from Germanna, concurrent with their high school diploma.