In addition to regular monthly benefits, the VA will also pay for tuition assistance for qualified students.
As part of Germanna Community College’s commitment to providing tailored services to military students, we have designated staff to assist you with your Tuition Assistance funding. The Tuition Assistance program, often referred to as TA, is a unique, distinct source of available for eligible Service Members to support their professional and personal self-development goals. Tuition Assistance funding is applied to the cost of tuition before all other funding.
The application process for requesting Tuition Assistance may vary by branch of the military. Below outlines the basic steps, however, please also see the additional links for more information regarding the specific type of military Tuition Assistance you are using.
- Prior to enrolling, meet with your base-level Education Services to determine eligibility for Tuition Assistance.
- Follow the instructions provided by your Education Service Office for how to request Tuition Assistance for your course(s).
- The military approves your Tuition Assistance request. Approval from your ESO, Military Counselor or Service is REQUIRED prior to enrollment.
- Meet with a Veteran Academic Advisor to ensure courses apply to your program of study.
- Ensure the Military & Veteran’s Service Center has received your approved Tuition Assistance request and submit your Veteran Registration Certification form by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will automatically submit your grades to the military for Tuition Assistance courses within 30 days of the course end date. However, it is your responsibility to make sure this information is received. Please let us know if you have any concerns about your grades being submitted on time.
To determine eligibility, check the full eligibility requirements posted on the branch’s website or contact the ESO directly.