Our Academic Advisors are here to help you understand your options, establish goals, and set up your academic plan. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Advising at our Fredericksburg Area Campus is currently BY APPOINTMENT ONLY . Drop-ins will be seen on a first-come, first-served basis at all other locations. Appointments are also available at all other locations and via Zoom and can be scheduled through Navigate.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Express Advising is available Monday AND Wednesday, 11:00am-2:00pm through Zoom! Beginning Monday, December 4, Express Advising will be available four days per week (Monday-Thursday).
Express advising is not available during college closures (planned or unplanned), holidays, or weekends, and is subject to change without notice.
Express Advising is for...
- Schedule adjustments (moving/updating 1-2 courses)
- Confirmation of courses before updating program of study
- Prerequisite course check
- How to view schedule and look up courses
- Transcript evaluation process status updates
- Graduation Review (unofficial)
- Transient student registration and placement (will need transcripts!)
If your need/question is not on this list, please schedule an academic advising appointment through Navigate or drop-in at our Culpeper, Locust Grove, or Stafford locations. The Fredericksburg Area Campus is appointment-only.
Transfer & Visiting Students
Do you need assistance transferring credits or learning more about your options at Germanna Community College?
- Make an Appointment for Academic Advising using Navigate
- Students wanting to transfer college credit from other schools to Germanna should bring a copy of all prior transcripts in order for the advisor to assist. Unofficial copies can be used for initial review, but official copies will be required to award credit.
Meet your advising team
Do you have questions for an Academic Advisor? Email us!