Learn about the Earth’s physical structure and its processes with this science track.
Program at a Glance
Prepare to Study the Earth as a Geologist
Why Choose Germanna
Germanna’s Geology program integrates labs into its coursework, which allows you to receive hands-on experience while learning the composition and structure of the Earth and other geology principles. Credits earned in this program are easily transferable to a four-year school of your choice.
Career Options for Geology Degree
- Geologist: Studies the composition, structure, and other physical attributes of the earth, including rocks and minerals.
- Environmental Consultant: Provides expert assessment and advisory services for clients on matters pertaining to the management of environmental issues.
Transferring After Germanna
Visit our Transfer Services page to learn more about transferring after Germanna. Explore over 45 partner colleges and universities and review Germanna's guaranteed admission agreements.
What You’ll Learn
- Composition and structure of the Earth
- Formation of rocks and minerals
- Understanding of erosion, weathering, and crustal deformation
- Evolution of the Earth
Courses may vary from semester to semester. Please consult the college catalog for the most up-to-date information.