FastForward is a short-term workforce training program to train Virginians for industry credentials and certifications for in-demand jobs. FastForward programs are offered at Germanna to help you fast-track your career.
What is FastForward Tuition Assistance?
FastForward tuition assistance is a program helping Virginians get the jobs they want and the salaries they need.
How does it work?
- You pay the first 1/3 of the class tuition when registering
- The Commonwealth of Virginia pays 1/3 when you complete the class
- The final 1/3 is paid by the Commonwealth of Virginia when you earn a high-demand industry credential
How to apply
- Go to Germanna Courses & Registration page and create a student profile (new students only).
- Complete all prerequisites based on the program of your choice. Prerequisites are listed in the course description.
- Register and pay for your course. The FastForward agreement and residency form will be part of your registration process. Tuition payment is due at the time of registration.
- Asphalt Field Level 1 & Level 2
- Asphalt Plant Level 1 & 2
- Asphalt Slurry Surfacing
- Asphalt Surface Treatment
- Backflow Prevention Device Certification
- Carpentry Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- Clinical Medical Assistant
- Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals
- Core Craft Skills- NCCER
- CNC Milling Level 1: Programming & Setup Operations – NIMS
- Electrical Level 1,2,3 & 4 – NCCER
- HVAC Level 1,2,3 & 4 – NCCER
- Heavy Equipment Operator Level 1 & Level 2 – NCCER
- Welding Level 1 & 2 – NCCER
- Intermediate Work Zone
- Industrial Machining Level 1: Manual Milling Skills I – NIMS
- Industrial Machining: Turning Between Centers – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Basic Hydraulic Systems – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Basic Mechanical Systems – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Basic Pneumatic Systems – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Electrical Systems – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Maintenance Operations – NIMS
- Industrial Technology Maintenance: Maintenance Piping – NIMS
- Industrial Maintenance Mechanic Level 1 – NCCER
- Machining Level 1: CNC Milling Operations – NIMS
- Machining Level 1: Job Planning, Benchwork & Layout – NIMS
- Machining Level 1: Measurement, Materials & Safety – NIMS
- Plumbing Level 1,2,3 & 4 – NCCER