Program at a Glance
Get Started in Information Management
If you are interested in working with massive sets of data and learning how they’re housed in data centers, the information management specialization is designed for you. You’ll graduate knowing how to store data in these centers, network between centers, protect critical organization data and more.
Why Choose Germanna
Germanna’s information management degree has classes dedicated to learning the latest tech and programming needs. This program of study provides you with the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities identified in the National Initiative on Cybersecurity Education (NICE) Workforce Framework 2.0.
Career Options in Information Management
- Network Security Technician: Troubleshoots network performance or network security issues. Analyzes network traffic, responds to problem tickets and resolves service requests.
- Database Administrator: Ensures that the databases run efficiently and securely.
- Systems Analyst: Analyzes business process issues and/or problems and provides consulting assistance to system users.
Explore labor market and salary information in your area using our Career Coach online resource.
What You’ll Learn
- Information management
- Java programming
- Database building and management
- Building build traditional, virtualized, and cloud data center environments
Courses may vary from semester to semester. Please consult the college catalog for the most up-to-date information.