Get a strong start on your chemistry education and transfer seamlessly to a four-year school to complete your bachelor’s degree.
Program at a Glance
Transfer with an Associate Degree in Chemistry from Germanna
Why Choose Germanna
Germanna offers coursework in basic and organic chemistry that successfully prepares you for a career in the stimulating field. This program introduces the core chemistry and other science principles that you'll need to complete your bachelor's degree before you even get to your four-year school of choice. Once you transfer, you'll already have a solid foundation in chemistry.
Career Options for Chemistry Degrees
- Toxicologist: Uses analytical and scientific techniques to identify toxins such as chemicals, biological substances and radiation, and to assess the potential risks and harmful effects posed by them.
- Organic Chemist: Creates and explore molecules and compounds; develops new compounds and finds better ways of synthesizing existing ones.
- Chemical Technician: Sets up, operates, and maintains laboratory instruments and equipment.
Transferring After Germanna
Visit our Transfer Services page to learn more about transferring after Germanna. Explore over 45 partner colleges and universities and review Germanna’s guaranteed admission agreements.
What You’ll Learn
- Knowledge of reactions and reaction mechanisms
- Understanding of derivatives, antiderivatives, integrals, and other calculus principles
- Fundamental laws and theories of chemistry
- Knowledge of carbon compounds
Courses may vary from semester to semester. Please consult the college catalog for the most up-to-date information.