1.1 Effective fall 2014, all curricular students, except those in a career studies certificate program, must take a student development course in their first semester of enrollment at Germanna Community College.
2.2 Exceptions to the policy
- Students enrolled in career studies certificate programs that do not require an SDV course.
- Non-curricular students – transient, non-degree, etc.
- Transfer students who have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours and who gain advanced standing through the SDV Assessment by Local Examination (ABLE) test.
- Students who already have an Associate Degree or higher from a regionally accredited institution.
- Dual enrollment, joint enrollment, and homeschooled students who have not already completed the Student Development Skills requirement prior to completing secondary school. These students must take a student development course in their first post-secondary semester of enrollment.
6.0 Point of Contact
Vice President of Academic Affairs and Student Services
7.0 Approval and Revisions Dates
Curriculum Committee: Approval Date - 12/7/12
College Council: Approval Date -11/22/13
President’s Council: Approval Date - 12/16/13
College Board: First Reading Date - 01/01/14; Approval Date - 03/20/14